1 cup of yellow split mung dal lentils
1/2 cup of basmati rice
6 cups of water (approx)
1 tsp of grated ginger
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp of turmeric powder
1 pinch of asofetida /hing (optional to replace garlic and onions)
1 cup and half of assorted vegetables : green beans, zuchini, cauliflower, spinach...according to the season.
Handful of fresh coriander leaves.
1) Mix the rice and lentils, wash and rince
2) In a large pot on medium heat put some vegetable oil and add the spices except
turmeric, sizzle for about a minute
3) Add the rice and lentils mix till the rice is translucide
4) Add turmeric and water
5) Bring it to a boil and add the vegetables
6) Cook on low heat for about 40 mins
7) Season with love and enjoy topped with coriander leaves and popped water lily seeds for the perfect crunch
Let us know what you think!