How do you make vegan cheese? You might think that the answer to this question would be easy to find, but you’d be wrong! Most offerings currently on the market are little more than processed vegetable oils. Fortunately, Oh Lily! has developed a truly vegan cheese alternative in the form of their crunchy water lily seeds dusted with nutritional yeast! While it may not be exactly what you think of ,it sure will make an excellent addition to your next party snack spread.
What makes up vegan cheese?
Vegan cheese can be delicious
Other ways to incorporate water lily seeds into your diet
- Create a healthy salad toping by tossing water lily seeds in olive oil, sea salt, and red pepper flakes. -Add the crunch of water lily seeds to your favorite chips or crackers by sprinkling them on top.
- Sprinkle the delicate seeds over steamed veggies or add them into any dish that you're seasoning with red pepper flakes.
- Take vegan cheese with you wherever you go by crumbling it onto a salad before enjoying it as an appetizer at home or at work.
- Make pasta sauce more decadent by stirring in some finely ground water lily seeds for extra flavor.
- Give salad dressings a more sophisticated taste with water lily seeds instead of other salt-based seasonings.
- Experiment with cheezy vegan water lily seed recipes like Lil' Homies (a play on fried mozzarella sticks) by cutting zucchini slices lengthwise and filling them up with a mixture of cheezy vegan cream cheese, nutritional yeast, cumin, garlic powder and dill weed.