This is the time of the year, Shrove tuesdayis coming up, and what better way to celebrate than with a stack of fluffy, delicious pancakes? Whether you're a sweet or savory pancake lover, we've got you covered with 6 amazing vegan pancake recipes that are sure to satisfy. From a classic French crepe to a savory Indian dosa, these recipes are not only tasty, but also healthy and gluten-free when possible. Plus, we've paired each recipe with a unique flavor of Oh Lily! snacks, so you can enjoy a satisfying crunch with every bite.
To sum up we are here to make your life easy and tasty follow this blog to travel with your taste buds.
We will begin by giving you the recipes you could use for brunch or as a main :
The Savoury pancakes recipes
Let's start with a classic of the French cuisine :
1 Buckwheat Galette:
A savory, gluten-free pancake made with buckwheat flour and filled with sautéed mushrooms, caramelized onions, and vegan cheese. Pair with Oh Lily! Cheezy Vegan for an extra savory and crunchy topping.
Here's a recipe for Buckwheat Galettes:
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Oh Lily! Cheezy Vegan water lily seeds (for topping)
- In a mixing bowl, combine buckwheat flour and salt.
- Gradually pour in water while whisking, until the batter is smooth and free of lumps.
- Add olive oil to the batter and stir until well combined.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or a crepe pan over medium heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the pan and quickly swirl the pan to spread the batter evenly.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, until the edges start to lift and the bottom is lightly browned.
- Flip the galette and cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minute, until the other side is browned.
- Remove the galette from the pan and place it on a plate.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, adding a little more oil to the pan if necessary.
- Serve the galettes warm, topped with Oh Lily! Cheezy Vegan water lily seeds.
Optional: you can add any savory fillings to the galette such as sautéed mushrooms, spinach, caramelized onions, roasted vegetables, or vegan cheese.
Enjoy your Buckwheat Galettes with Oh Lily! Cheezy Vegan water lily seeds for a delicious and nutritious meal!
Now let's travel to India ;)
2 Besan Chila:
A savory, vegan pancake made with chickpea flour and spiced with cumin and turmeric. Serve with a dollop of vegan yogurt and a sprinkle of chopped cilantro, and top with Oh Lily! French Riviera for a satisfying crunch.
here is the recipe for Besan Chila:
- 1 cup besan (chickpea flour)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Oh Lily! French Riviera
- In a mixing bowl, combine the besan, water, turmeric, cumin, salt, and pepper. Whisk until a smooth batter forms.
- Add the chopped onion, tomato, bell pepper, and cilantro to the batter and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and add a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the batter onto the skillet and spread it evenly with a spoon.
- After that, cook for 2-3 minutes or until the edges start to crisp up and the top begins to dry out.
- Flip the chila and cook for another 1-2 minutes until the other side is golden brown.
- Transfer the chila to a plate and sprinkle Oh Lily! French Riviera snacks on top.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Note: Besan chila is a versatile recipe and can be made with different vegetables and spices to suit your taste preferences. at the end you can also add some grated vegan cheese or nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor.
3 Masala Dosa:
here is the recipe for Masala Dosa, the ultimate vegan pancake
- 1 cup of rice rice
- 1/2 cup urad dal
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt to taste
- Oil, for cooking
For the filling:
- 3 large potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1-2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- Oh Lily! Snacks - Indian Gold or Keralan Snow
- start with rinsing and soaking the rice, urad dal and fenugreek seeds in water for at least 6 hours.
- Drain the water and grind the rice, dal, make a smooth batter. Add water as needed to achieve the right consistency. The batter should be slightly thicker than pancake batter. Add salt and mix well.
- Cover the batter and keep it in a warm place to ferment for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- To make the filling, heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and allow them to splutter. Add green chillies. Add turmeric powder, salt, and mashed potatoes. Mix well and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- To make dosa, heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Take a ladle full of batter and pour it at the center of the pan. Spread the batter in a circular motion to form a thin layer.
- Then drizzle some oil around the edges and let it cook for 1-2 minutes or until the bottom turns golden brown.
- Add 1-2 spoonfuls of the potato filling on one half of the dosa. Fold the other half over the filling and gently press it down with the spatula. Cook for another minute or so, until the filling is heated through and the dosa is crispy.
- Serve hot with Oh Lily! Snacks - Indian Gold or Keralan Snow as a topping or a sweet side.
Enjoy your delicious and nutritious Masala Dosa with Oh Lily! Snacks.
A South Indian specialty, this crispy, savory pancake is made from fermented rice and lentil batter and filled with a spicy potato filling. Serve with coconut chutney and pair with Oh Lily! Indian Gold for a bit of added spice and crunch.
Now we will introduce recipes for the sweet tooth :
The sweet pancakes recipes
4 Buckwheat Crepes:
A gluten-free and vegan take on the classic French crepe, these delicate pancakes can be filled with sweet or savory ingredients. For a sweet option, pair with fresh fruit and a drizzle of maple syrup, and top with Oh Lily! Parisian Kiss for a fruity and crunchy twist.
here's a recipe for sweet Buckwheat Crepes paired with Oh Lily! Parisian Kiss:
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Oh Lily! Parisian Kiss, for topping
- First, in a mixing bowl, whisk together the buckwheat flour, gluten-free all-purpose flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Then in another bowl, whisk together the almond milk, water, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Grease the skillet with a small amount of oil or vegan butter.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the skillet and swirl to coat the bottom of the skillet.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the edges start to crisp up, then flip and cook for another minute.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve the Buckwheat Crepes warm, topped with Oh Lily! Parisian Kiss.
5 Banana Oat Pancakes:
A classic American breakfast staple made vegan and gluten-free with mashed banana and oat flour. Top with your favorite fruit and a dollop of vegan whipped cream, and add a sprinkle of Oh Lily! Aztec treasure for the perfect chocolaty crunch.
here's the recipe for banana oat vegan pancakes:
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or any plant-based milk)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Oh Lily! Aztec treasure
- In a blender or food processor, blend the rolled oats until they are a fine flour.
- Add the banana, almond milk, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and salt to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and add a small amount of coconut oil.
- Use a 1/4 cup measure to scoop the batter onto the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbles form on the surface and the edges start to dry.
- Flip the pancake and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more coconut oil to the pan as needed.
- Serve the pancakes hot and top with sliced bananas and Oh Lily! Aztec treasure
Enjoy your delicious and healthy banana oat pancakes with a crunchy twist!
Finally a little detour to Japan!
6 Matcha Pancakes:
A Japanese-inspired pancake made with matcha powder and coconut milk for a vibrant green color and unique flavor. Serve with a dollop of vegan whipped cream and a sprinkle of Oh Lily! Japanese Gems for an indulgent and crunchy treat.
here is the recipe for Matcha Pancakes:
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, combine the gluten-free flour, matcha powder, baking powder, and coconut sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond milk and apple cider vinegar. Let it sit for a few minutes to curdle.
- Add the melted coconut oil and vanilla extract to the almond milk mixture and whisk until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Let the batter sit for a few minutes to thicken up.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to pour the batter onto the pan.
- Cook until the edges start to dry and bubbles form on the surface, then flip the pancake and cook for another minute or two on the other side.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes warm, topped with Oh Lily! Japanese Gems for a delicious crunch.
Enjoy your Matcha vegan Pancakes with Oh Lily! snacks!
Above all we wish you a great and fun day!
So what are you waiting for? Get your pancake pans ready and try out these amazing recipes for a delicious and healthy Pancake Day! And don't forget to visit our online shop to get your favorite flavor of Oh Lily! snacks to top off your pancakes. Happy cooking!