Days are longer and warmer: Summer is here! And what’s stands more for summer than a picnic?!
WE LOVE PICNICS AND WE TAKE THEM SERIOUSLY!
SO HERE ARE THE ESSENTIALS FOR THE PERFECT PICNIC!
· The weather: seems to be the obvious one but be sure to check the weather of the precise area you go and check throughout the day. The weather can change fast and you don’t want to have to leave suddenly because it starts pouring or because the wind has made a mess of your idyllic picnic scene!
· The food: Of course! But remember to think practical. It is not the moment to show off your cooking skills with fancy complicated dishes. So bring the taste in simple ways and make it transportable. Tarts, salads, fresh fruits…are the big winners. It is a picnic so it MUST be easy to pick! And what’s easier to pick than a good snack?! Snacks are totally part of the picnic tradition. Good news, Oh Lily! has a full range of flavours ready to go for your picnic! So don’t forget to bring the crunch to your picnic 😊
· The spot: Do your research for the perfect location. Apart from food, the charm about Picnic is also about the scenery which should be soothing and relaxing. An overcrowded area would kill the bucolic vibe, so don’t hesitate to walk those extra metres to find the quiet spot.
· The dishes: Disposables are out of the question and out of date anyway! Blessed be enamel dishes 😉 they are light and solid, perfect to go on a picnic trip. And for your cutleries, just bring the ones from home wrapped in a tea towel for safe transportation.
· Picnic blanket: Easily forgotten but it is sooooo part of the picnic charm! To feel cosy and if you need a little nap, don’t forget it 😊
· Beware of the sun: So, if you did all right, picnic day is a sunny one! Bring sun protection, such as a hat or sunshade. Especially after a washed down picnic, you’ll be grateful you thought of that point!
· The fun: entertainment is part of the picnic scene. It can be a good idea to bring cards, instruments, rackets, a ball or a book to enjoy the rest of the day at the picnic spot.